When it comes to jobs regarding hotel management courses, it should be known that there are a variety of different ones that students can cater to. Some of the skills that are required in this industry are front office operations, service for beverage and food, accounting, marketing and sales, and so on. There are currently numerous colleges and institutions in India, both private as well as government-owned, that help in offering students diploma, certificate and even degree-based courses in the realm of Hotel Management Admission choices.
Important Facts & Figures Regarding The Hotel Management Industry
- It should be noted that the hospitality and tourism industry in India is currently growing at a CAGR (Cumulative Annual Growth Rate) of 14 percent per annum. The number has been reported by OIFC (Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre), which is set up by the CII and Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs.
- As of the current date, the overall contribution of the sector towards India’s GDP is at 7.8 percent per annum. The rate will continue to grow at a projected rate until the year 2023.
- It has been reported by WITC or World Travel and Tourism Council that by the end of the year 2020, the tourism sector will add another INR 850,000 crores to overall India’s GDP.
- Reported in 2011, the hospitality and tourism industry in India was valued at 117.7 billion US dollars. This amount will slowly reach 419 billion US dollars by the end of the year 2022.
- When it comes to FDI investment for the tourism and hospitality industry in India, the sector has roped in more than 6000 million US dollars in total – as per the data suggested by DIPP (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion).
The following are some of the major eligibility criteria that students need to keep in mind before opting for the Hotel Management,
- The student should be at least 12th standard pass because it’s the minimum qualification that he or she needs to possess. Upon enrolling for the course, it will be up to the student to either select between a diploma course, a certificate course or even a degree-based course.
- When it comes to certificate courses for Hotel Management Admission, it can last between six months up to one year. On the other hand, diploma courses generally last for two years while regular degree-based courses last for at least three years.
- The selection that is done for government-owned institutions and colleges are done mainly through entrance examinations that are carried out in April of each year.
- Applying students for Hotel Management Admission should have English as one of the qualifying subjects to get into the course.
- The upper age limit when it comes to Hotel Management Admission for general and OBC category students are 22 years. However, the age limit is 25 years for students from the SC/ST category.
The following are some of the major entrance exams that students can partake to get into the Hotel Management courses,
- NCHMCT JEE
The List Of Courses For Diploma
- PG Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Certificate in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accommodation Operation
- Certificate in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Cabin Crew Services and Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- BA (Hons) in Culinary Arts
- BA in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
- MBA Hotel Management
- MSc in Tourism and Hospitality Management
As per the estimates that are being circulated in the industry, there’s no denying that there is a growing trend when it comes to the demand of skilled professionals in the Tourism and Hospitality sector in India. When a student completes his or her undergraduate degree, he or she can either opt for the above-mentioned postgraduate degrees for higher studies or start making a career in hotel management right away. Students also have the option to start making their career as an entrepreneur. The fresh hotel management graduates will start getting job opportunities in the healthcare sector, QSR or Quick Service Restaurant sector, railway sector, airline sector and so on.
It should be remembered that a trained hotel management career professional will always have an edge over untrained ones when it comes to landing a job in the hospitality and hotel industry. The main reason is obvious here as companies are happy to settle with trained ones rather than going through the hassle of training an intern. The candidates should have good leadership qualities, good communication skills along with a personality that is very pleasing as well – to get a good job and thereby earn a hefty hotel management salary.
The following are some of the major job profiles to keep in mind when opting for Hotel Management Admission,
- Waiter / Waitresses
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Sales Manager
- Floor Supervisors
- Banquet manager
- Housekeeping Manager