MD MS Admission 2023
A postgraduate medical degree called an MD or MS. MD/MS admission is needed to become a specialty doctor. Master of Medicine (M.D.) and Master of Surgery (M.S.) are both medical degrees. After graduating from the MBBS program, students pursue a three-year PG degree. Students must participate in NEET-PG (National Eligibility Cum Entrance test Post Graduate) medical entrance exams, which is administered by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), to get MD/MS admission. For students seeking postgraduate degrees in the medical field, the MD/MS is a well-known degree. One of the most revered professions in the world is that. It has its appeal to receive a postgraduate degree from an Indian medical college. In India, doctors choose to choose the top public or private institutions for their postgraduate studies.
The NEET-PG program serves as a springboard for admission to postgraduate medical programs like MD/MS, PG Diploma, post-MBBS DNB, and NBE Diploma programs. The National Board of Examinations is holding a single-window examination. Once a year, NEET-PG is conducted. In most cases, it takes place in January.
To be accepted into private or public medical colleges, applicants must take the NEET-PG exam and pass it. The entrance exams for post-graduate programs at AIIMS Chandigarh and JIPMER Pondicherry, however, do not recognize the results of NEET-PG.
Many aspirants show up for the NEET-PG entrance exam each year. Yet, this process involves more than 500 medical colleges. The NEET-PG exam is computer-based. There are 200 questions in it. The test lasts for three hours and thirty minutes. Foreign nationals seeking admission to the MD/MS program at an Indian medical college must also take this exam.
MD – Doctor of Medicine
The MD program lasts three years. It entails three years of clinical training in the medical sector. Students will receive instruction on how to administer care or how to treat illnesses exclusively through medicine. It doesn’t involve surgery.
MS – Master of Surgery
Surgery has a three-year training curriculum as well. Students will receive specialized training to treat patients surgically. Students who have completed their MBBS degree at an accredited institution and their internship are eligible to apply for MD MS courses. To be eligible for PG admission in medicine in India, you must take the NEET-PG exam whether you earned your bachelor’s degree in India or abroad.
What is NBE?
The National Board of Examinations is referred to as NBE. It was established by the Indian government in the year 197. This organization was founded to raise the standard of medical research to that of contemporary medicine. Nonetheless, the goal of NBE is to perform postgraduate medical exams of the highest caliber. The NBE only uses online testing for its exams.
The IndiaProgramn Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is responsible for the National Board of Examination. According to the most recent NBE news, there should be a single exam for the MD, MS, and DNB nationwide.
About MD MS Admission & Courses
Numerous colleges and universities provide medical students with MD MS specialized courses. More than 70 Indian medical institutions currently provide admission in to MD MS courses. The courses take three years. You should pursue post-graduation in a specific discipline, such as an MD in general medicine or an MS in general surgery if you want to advance your career.
Aspirants must take and pass the NEET-PG exam administered by NBE to apply for MD or MS admission in India. There are set requirements for NEET PG eligibility, which we shall go through in more detail below. Some of the MD MS courses are—
- MD – Radiology
- MD – Pediatrics
- MD – Psychiatry
- MD – Anaesthesiology
- MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases
- MD – Radiotherapy Orthopedics
- MS – General Surgery
- MS – Ophthalmology
- MS – ENT
- MD – Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- MD – General Medicine
- MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
- MD – Pharmacology
- MD – Pathology
- MD – Community Medicine
- MD – Forensic Medicine
- MD – Microbiology
- MD – Physiology
- MD – Anatomy
- MD – Biochemistry
Also Read About:
How to apply for MD MS Admission?
Any students from India, NRIs, and foreign nationals who have earned their MBBS from India or another country, completed a one-year internship, and met the NEET-PG eligibility requirements are eligible to apply for MD MS admission.
The specialization can be chosen by the student based on their interests, NEET PG score, and of course, their financial budget. However, keep in mind that passing NEET-PG is required. Students cannot enroll without taking the NEET-PG.
A widely used exam for postgraduate medicine programs is called NEET-PG. However, several institutes do not recognize the NEET scores, including AIIMS, PGIMER Chandigarh, JIPMER Puducherry, Nimhans Bangalore, and Sree Chitra La Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology in Trivandrum.
MD/MS Eligibility Requirements for India students
Only through NEET-PG will students who are seriously interested in studying a doctorate in medicine or a master’s degree in surgery at an Indian medical college be able to enroll. NEET-PG is crucial to the MD MS Admissions procedure. To take the NEET PG entrance exam, a candidate for further study must meet the requirements for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.
The booklet is made available during the first week of November by the National Board of Education. This pamphlet covers all the information about the eligibility requirements, significant dates, exam format, grading structure, etc.
The following is a list of NEET-eligibility PG’s requirements.
- Candidates for NEET-PG must have completed their undergraduate studies or be enrolled in their last year of an MBBS Program at a medical school or university recognized by MCI (NMC). A legitimate degree must be held by the applicants.
- The general candidate must have earned 45% for SC/ST and OBC category students and 55% for general candidates in the MBBS Program.
- By the end of the school year, on or before May 31, they should have finished a one-year internship.
- If they obtained their MBBS abroad, the candidates must have passed the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination.
- The NMC or State Medical Council should have granted the candidates a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification.
MD/MS Eligibility Requirements for Foreign Students
Candidates from other countries are also eligible to take the NEET-PG exam. They don’t need to register with MCI to take the test. Foreign nationals are not required to have an MCI registration to take the NEET-PG exam, but they can do so by applying and paying the required fees.
The applicants who are taking the exam must have registered with the relevant authorities of their respective country, and their medical degree must be acknowledged by the country’s competent body.
MD/MS Admission Procedure in India
For individuals who meet the requirements for PG specialty courses, the admission process for MD and MS Programs is quite simple. You must pass the NEET PG exam administered by the NBE to be admitted to an MD or MS Program in India. The applicants must have the essential documentation for admission and counseling.
Candidates who have passed the NEET-PG exam must apply for both national and state-level NEET-PG counseling.
NEE-PG Central Level Counseling is carried out by Medical Council Committee Central on behalf of the Director General of Health. For the 50% All India Quota seats in government institutions and the 100% seats in central universities like AMU BHU, AFMC, DU, and privately deemed universities, the MCC provides MD MS counseling.
Nevertheless, the Director of Medical Education conducts the state-level NEET PG counseling for the remaining 50% of state-restricted seats in government colleges and 100% of state-restricted seats in private medical colleges in each state. To participate in NEET-PG counseling, a candidate from the general category needed to score 50%, while those from the reserved categories needed to score 40%.
Documentation for MD/MS
The list of documents that should be necessary for admission to an MD or MS Program in India has been mentioned. These records can be needed for NEET-PG counseling as well.
- The National Board of examinations issued admits cards.
- NEET-PG grade report.
- MBBS transcript from a college or university with MCI recognition.
- Internship complications for one year credential.
- MCI has given a certificate of provincial registration.
- High school diploma and higher secondary diploma.
- ID documents.
- Card for the FMGE.
- MCI now has an NMC registration certificate
- Passport-size photographs.
- Transfer certificate.
Salary for MD MS
The MD/MS qualified person’s pay will depend on two things: their training, whether they wish to work as a private doctor or in an emergency room, and their training and experience.
An emergency room physician can easily make between Rs 30,000 and 50,000 per month. On the other hand, a specialty doctor can make between 75,000 and 1,00,000 per month after receiving their MD or MS. Be aware that physician pay may vary from city to city. A doctor employed in Delhi may have a starting salary of 1.5 lakhs per month. These are some of the elements that may affect the pay following graduation from college.
Cutoff for MD MS & Counseling process of NEET PG to get MD MS Admission
All States, UTs, and institutions will participate in the NEET PG Counseling, which will be centrally coordinated. Only after meeting all requirements for admission will admissions be granted, followed by counseling. The release of seat allocation will occur after the outcome is made public.
To participate in the counseling process, you must register on the website. To be eligible for admission, applicants must also meet the NEET PG cutoff scores. The merit list for admission into the 50% state quota seats will be produced by each state, UT, and institution. The involved States/UT will organize admissions counseling for State Quota seats.
Step 1- Counseling Registration:
- On the “New Registration” link, click.
- Self-register for counseling.
- Applicants should keep a copy of the password they created when registering.
- Pay the counseling cost of Rs. 5000 (for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates) and Rs. 5000 (for AIQ/Central University UR candidates) (For Deemed University candidates).
- Also, candidates must pay a tuition fee, which is refundable if no seats are allocated to them.
- For AIQ/Central University UR candidates, the tuition cost is Rs. 25,000.
- For OBC, PH, SC, and ST: Rs. 10,000.
- To Be Considered: Rs. 2,000,000.
Step 2- Filling in and Locking Your Selections:
- After completing their online registration which is required to participate in the online allocation process candidates must list their preferred courses and institutions/colleges in that order.
- Before locking the decision, it can be changed after it has been filled out.
- To obtain a print of your submitted choices during the choice locking period, it is essential to lock the choices.
- The candidate’s provided options will be automatically locked if they aren’t locked by them first.
- Print down the completed options for later use.
- You can select as many options as suit your tastes.
Step 3- Seat Allocation:
- Following choice filling, the seat allocation procedure is carried out.
- Candidates are assigned seats based on filled choices, seat availability, category, etc.
- On various rounds, the website posts the results.
Step 4- Reporting:
- After receiving their seats, candidates must enroll in the designated college or course within the specified timeframe.
- There won’t be any admissions after the deadline.
In conclusion, studying for an MD or MS in India may be a wise choice, especially for Indians. Nonetheless, if you are a foreigner or an international, it is still valuable. Many students aspire to earn an MD or MS, a prestigious degree. Additionally, enrolling in a postgraduate medical Program in India has its allure.
The medical institutions and universities in India have a supportive approach toward medical education. During the training and learning process, you will receive exposure and experience. Excellent lecturers and mentors can be found in medical institutes who will help you and provide guidance. You can also get well-paying work in India and abroad after completing your MD or MS specialization Program, which is useful.
MS physicians undoubtedly make more money than MD physicians. An MD doctor can make between 2 and 20 lakhs per year, whereas an MS doctor can make between 4 and 35 lakhs annually.
The top five specializations for the MD Program are listed below. You can pursue an MD in anatomy, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, general medicine, radiology, and other fields.
A dual-degree medical Program that grants both an MD and an MS is known as an MD-MS.
You can obtain two MDs, each in a separate specialty.
The NEET-PG is rated as moderate to difficult by test takers. A handful of the questions were challenging, and most were about social medicine, prevention, and obstetrics and gynecology.